Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Stop Screaming at Me You Cow!", Is What I Really Wanted to Say.

I see how you are, you naughty cheeky monkeys... my Steve Nash scandalous blog readership went through the roof.   See, you can't lie, people love drama and gossip and intrigue.  You know you do.

You know that old chestnut... the one person that always announces loudest that they "hate drama" is always the instigator of said drama.  This person is usually capable of producing the most elaborate Greek Tragedy ever.  Or as I like to call it, the "Sh*t Stirrer".  I have to say it usually is true, that's why I only say it sometimes, quietly.

I'll admit I love me some good gossip.  However there is a difference between just listening or reading (thanks to Facebook and Twitter) to some good drama, and participating in it.  I don't think there are many times in my life when I really got involved in perpetuating or starting drama.  There have certainly been times where I amplified my own issues and created more drama in my head than I needed to, but I never got involved in anyone else's.

Oh wait, I remember one time about oh maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I got in a war of words on a blog with someone on Myspace.  Yes, laugh if you must.  We were all on there at one time, don't pretend you are too cool.  It was the in thing to do then.  So I couldn't even tell you what the argument was about but it was like banging my head against the wall because it was with a woman with histrionic personality disorder.  Believe it or not I'm an incredibly rational person and when I debate with someone who is just off their rocker, it frustrates the hell out of me.  I learned when to say when.

That's why I get so frustrated when I click on a TV show sometimes and it's just perpetual bickering about nothing.  Some of these shows, that's all that goes on, they show one group talking, then they show another group talking where someone told them everything the other group says.  Then somebody from that group has to confront someone from the other group, then the remainders have to have a meeting about those other two people's confrontation.  Jesus, Mary and Joseph!  Whatever happened to just rolling your eyes at something you hear?  Hell I've had people in my life say to me, "So and so thinks you're annoying".  Did I go stomping out trying to hunt that person down and beat the living snot out of them?  No!  I just rolled my eyes, and shrugged.  To each his own.  Not everyone is everyone's cup of low fat chai latte.

If by some chance it was a little touchier subject, like someone was going around spreading lies about me, I calmly went and talked to the person.  Hell, I even did that to the woman I found out was having an affair with my then husband!  I also had an old neighbor come to my house once and accuse me of having an affair with her husband.  I was so shocked I tried not to laugh.  I couldn't pick her husband out of a police line up, I didn't even know his name.  But I've been there when you think your husband is up to something, I tried to be nice.  But actually after she left I kinda' felt like punchin' her in the throat for accusing me of such a thing.  I don't mess with OPP.

 I have a little tip for ya'... it throws people off when you approach them calmly and ask questions.  You come at someone yelling and accusing, their just gonna' yell back, then they have a reason to be nasty to you.  You come at them calmly and civil, they get all flustered.  Seriously, try it.

I'm sorry I've become boring in my old age, and don't like a good scrap.  Maybe I'll dig up some more scandal from my past to satiate your drama-lust.  But seriously, I get tired of hearing chickens squawk or people going at it like rabid chihuahuas.  Really, you just sound stupid.  Ever listen to the Mob Wives yell over each other?  I rest my case.  My advice is adopt the eye roll.  When people start saying bad things or gossiping, just roll your eyes and shrug.  Like water off a duck's back.  ...Or if it's about someone else, laugh then keep it to yourself.  :)

Oh and hey, visit my new Facebook page for my blog, thanks!  http://www.facebook.com/MadgesAdultSurvivalGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment